Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Brother is Coming


My brother is coming... to stay for a while. He is coming with his wife and three kids and they will be staying for a month to six weeks. At first I was a bit stressed about this. I am coming to terms, however, and I think it will be okay. I believe this visit will help me solidify a routine with my own family as that is the only way I think we can make this work. My husband is extremely supportive and optimistic. The kids are becoming okay with the idea. I am planning... on how to make this the best situation possible for everyone. Routine will be key. This could be a very good thing. While I lack self-discipline... I do fine when exterior forces are at work. In other words... if things need to be done.. I get them done. So... an extra family in my house could just be the motivation I need to really do what I need to do.
My brother is coming... with his family. He really can be quite charming when he wants to be. Did I mention tho... that he is bringing his dog??

The picture is of Dylan.. . James' oldest boy.

4 comments:

Entropy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joyous said...

Sorry, that deleted one was me.

It's going to be an adventure! And Bekah will finally get her dog!

Maybe you'll find that you do get everything done. Maybe this is really an answer to your prayers. :)

Everything is going to be fine. And you'll have a chance to grow closer to your brother and his family. Fun!

Lynn said...

I will do everything in my power to help with thi situation. I'll have them over as much as possible and help with the kids or whatever you need doing. (Katie will be thrilled with the dog I'm sure!) I'm there for YOU Sherri---100%. I love you....

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Of all the people i know, you can handle this best. Make a plan for when you really want to get away for a bit, though. Call in the reserves when needed. My prayers are with you! Also, think of what a blessing your family will be to his. The Karps are such a blessing and this will give James a good idea what a normal, happy, content family with cherished children is. He knows, but living with it is a whole different thing. And you'll create some new memories. (and it's not forever!)

Love,
Ann