Sunday, February 03, 2008

Not enough time

It is 10:30 and as part of my "new" schedule I am supposed to be in bed already. I think tonight I may have to stay up until 11:00 to get things done. Dang that artificial light. (from a blog I read that talks about how artificial light has lengthened our days and allows us to work too long!)

Mom, the girls and I are going to Walton Arts Center tomorrow to see Addy an American Girl play. It should be fun. We don't often get to take just the girls. I am taking the boys out to Mom and Dad's in the morning and they will stay with Pop.

I have a whole bit about lent that I want to "discuss".. but that will have to wait until tomorrow.
For tonight I will just say this.... for a long time I have known that we can "choose joy". We can,
we can also train ourselves to be Radically Grateful...(capitalized here because there is a book entitled Radical Gratitude that I want to read.) I want to really and truly work on these two things. I have always been optimistic.(I am a glass half full kind of girl MOSTLY).. I know that I have many blessings... but I want to focus on them more. To put it quite simply... the Pollyanna attitude. But it is even more than that really... it is my hope that if I work on being consciously GRATEFUL then it will become second nature. Gratitude can lead to a feeling of abundance which should then evolve into generosity.

While I do try to be a generous person... we have all met the type of person who IS generous. They don't ACT generously... they just are that way. They are joyful and generous in spirit. They are happy and energized and you feel good around them. That is who I want to be.

Okay... enough. I have more to say but my time is running out and I have to be in bed in 16 minutes and I have to switch over the clothes.
This schedule thing may take a day or two to stick.




3 comments:

Joyous said...

Tsk tsk..."just this once" will get you into trouble. :)

Make a shorter doable list. What can you realistically get finished before your brother gets here?

Everything is going to be fine. Look forward to seeing you soon!

Lynn said...

I totally agree with you about the grateful/generous thing. I also try (not always successfully) to be this way. I have great people to model this---Grady & Lyanne. I feel humbled in their presence as they really exemplify this giving generous nature. We just have to keep "practicing" babe----and someday we'll get it!!! Love You.

Joyous said...

I hope your schedule does stick. I hope it serves as a tool for you to have peace of mind rather than something you feel enslaved to. I hope you call me during Lent since I won't be able to blog. *sob*...

I'm ok now. I hope you have a wonderful Fat Tuesday and enjoy your family!