Monday, October 13, 2008

What we did today....


We are trying to do some art history... and the beginning of art history is monoliths and stonehenge and the Easter Island statues.
I found a great website with information about the island. The kids all did the reading and then we or actually they made Easter Island statues. We used soft green floral foam that the kids carved and then spray painted. I think they look amazing!

Katie was talking to a friend today and she was gushing about school... the science experiment we did and the art activity. We did poetry at lunch. So even though our day was somewhat unconventional... lots of learning took place. For that I am thankful.

4 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

I love the site and I love your craft experiment. Love it all!!! You can make over my site anytime!! Very clever. I get creative jolts from several places but website design is not one of them. But yours is lovely!!!

Thanks for the comment!

Lynn said...

Love your new "wallpaper" on your blog. Thought the Easter Island statues were really cool. I'd like to try that also! I wish we could do art projects all the time.....

It was fun tonight. Let's do it again.

Sylvia said...

Amazing what you can do with floral foam!
Love the new background, and as always, love the music!
Sylvia

Joyous said...

Easter Island statues are really cool. Really good job on them too.