Thursday, October 02, 2008

Busy Day

Busy day... busy , busy day... but a good one. We have had more than our share of routine (eye) doctor and dentist visits this week. Add the chiropractor, gymnastics , soccer and facials with our Mary Kay lady (Thanks Sylvia!) and the girls went to a play (Thanks Judie for driving) and our week has been full. But, we have been productive and having as much fun as possible. My littlest guy is sick, but in such great spirits. He hasn't been able to talk for two days... which is odd. He just makes signs and whispers. He IS on the mend though and should be up and about by this weekend.

Noah, the girls and I have been twirling flag a little bit in the yard. It is absolutely amazing that I still remember as much as I do. My arms are a little sore.. but in the right places (you know the saggy part) so I figure it is good for me. Noah likes to practice and works very hard plus the weather has been so lovely. So.. I wrote a little routine to our fight song. Don't be surprised if you are forced to watch if you ever stop by. The kids are quick learners and are coming right along.

We read the Declaration of Independence out loud today. I am not sure that I had ever read the whole thing before. (Isn't that sad.) It really is powerful and well-written. (plus it uses great words like usurpation and despotism!) The kids seemed to "get it" too. We are having some really great discussions. Too often I will tell you that we aren't doing enough, that I am fearful that I am not providing enough... but this week we have had some great discussions about religion, history, art and politics. I am challenged and inspired by these topics and by my children. What a blessing that we are learning together. They have definite opinions and great ideas.

So, yes.. we have been VERY busy, but man, am I enjoying the ride!

4 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Love this post! Love hearing about life in Karptown and that you are enjoying the ride. Now, you've got to take a video of the flag routine to the fight song and post it on here. I have to see it!!! I'm so impressed you have a fight song.

Miss you! Hope we can catch up soon.

Love you!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

You are such an AWESOME mom!!! I can't wait to see the flag routine!!! :0)

Ms Debbie said...

You know what I realized as I read your post? Be prepared you will say... duh. As a homeschooling mom you are making memories and having conversations that many many mothers miss. I just imagined you all reading the Declaration of Independence out loud. Wow... Some parents have a hard time finding the time to read " No David." I am again impressed. " Her children shall rise up and call her blessed." Proverbs 28:31 ( maybe... yikes!)

Lynn said...

As one who has seen the flag routine---I can say, it's really good. Noah is supurb---and I can't wait to see the rest of the group.

Had fun w/you yesterday making cards for R.M. and having Bekah stay over was a real joy... Thanks. See you at church....xo