Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Good Mornin'

Good Mornin', Good Mooorrrrrnin', It's fun to stay up late, Good Mornin', Good Mornin' to you.

Okay.. you can't hear me sing that as I type it.. but it is a song from Singin' in the Rain.
John Brown University is doing a production and Noah has a tiny, tiny part so we have been up there this evening watching a dress rehearsal. We loved it. The cast is very good. Caleb is loyal and said he loved Noah's part the best. (yeah little brother). The girls were just delighted and would like to see it again. So.. maybe I can talk someone into staying at tomorrow's rehearsal too..
hhmmmm we'll see.
If you live here in town... I would recommend it. The kids have put an incredible amount of work into it. The costumes are fabulous and there are several changes for almost every character. They(the cast) are truly getting a shot at "real" theatre. Lots of fun.

My kids have been to a plethora of different performances and gave a pretty decent critique I thought. (Knowing who the stand out performers were and why.) Interestingly, both girls said that if they were given the opportunity to do this show... they would want to be Lena Lamont... the "mean" girl... not the cutesie lead.

Okay.. that's all for tonight. Like the song says.. We talked the whole night through...
I can't afford to do that so I must go. We'll talk soon?

2 comments:

Leah said...

I LOVE Singin' in the Rain! It is one of my favorite movie musicals! I'd have to agree with the girls. Lena Lamont would be the most fun to play! When is the production? I would definitely like to go see it and it would be something fun for Mila and Sarah to see as well.

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Ok- I'm stealing your blog design. I can't help it. It's too cute. I looked out there and saw this one and your Mom's. I'm stealing one of them. Just letting you know!

Love you!