Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Ooooh It's late!

It is WAY too late and I am up and working on .. what else?? School stuff.
I am trying to lay out some plans for the year. I am working on pacing. I have a software program that will help me keep records. Those of you who know me well know how much I HATE paperwork. Loathe, detest, abhor... paperwork. I am quite prepared to pay the bills because I HAVE to do it. I am qualified. But... I don't seem to be able to maintain much beyond that. Will a magical program do the impossible??? Develop in me a bit of self-discipline?? Methinks not.
Still, it does produce a rather grand looking transcript so I will at least use it for my gradebook whether or not I use if for planning remains to be seen... (who am I kidding?? I will use it for grades and transcripts... NOT planning. I am a paper and pen kind of gal. I LOVE notebooks. Especially decorated ones.

Now that would be fun... decorating all of the kids notebooks. I bought a ton of 5cent ones at Wal-mart. TONS. hhhhmmm
Well, anyway. For now I am off to bed. Tomorrow is another day!

3 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Love reading about your passion. You know, you were born to do this. As I think about the notebooks- David gets very excited about them too- I dream of colors and textures and patterns. I've always wished we were closer so I could send my children to you to be homeschooled!

Love you!

Suzanne said...

I love notebooks, journals, the smell of new paper. I bought a case of the notebooks and my mom and sister each gifted me with a case as well. Guess they know. Love the idea of decorating them. I'm trying to better discpline myself with paperwork, it is constant between school, life and business and Allen's business. Ugh. Making it pretty seems to take the bad taste out of my mouth.

Ms Debbie said...

Hi! I have met you at the library a few times. I LOVE the interactive things that you do with your children. I am happy to have found your blog!