Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Guinea Pig

Well... if you would have told me that we would have multiple animals in our home.. I would have told you that you were crazy! and yet... tonight we drove to Fayetteville and purchased a Guinea Pig for Katie for her birthday. The pig's name is Sadie. She is sweet.. as sweet as a large rodent can be. She truly is cute and Guinea pigs are supposed to make very good pets. We will have two living areas so that we can take her down to the classroom and she can also be at this end of the house in the evenings with the family. I pray she adjusts well to the cats. Right now we also are dogsitting for Tyson... my brother's lab/boxer mix. (Just til my folks get home, then they get him back until James returns for him.)

At any rate, this is many more animals than I ever thought possible in one Karp household. Four kids and three pets... whew! (plus Tyson)
I am going to let the dog out one more time and go to bed.

1 comment:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Guinea pigs are so cute! I think better than a turtle or snake. Fury, loveable. Something about dependent fury animals just makes kids so excited. We took Coco LaRue (we gave her a middle name as it just fit) to the park yesterday and children came out of no where to pet this 4lbs of dog. Amazing. When the children move out they can take the critters with them! (so you and Brian can travel).

Love you!