Saturday, July 26, 2008

Schedule??

Joyous asked for a discussion on schedules. Well... I am the queen of making lists and plans and then failing miserably. It is even more difficult now because of the skepticism of my teenager.
Still..I am forever optimistic and we try! We do more of a routine than an exact schedule. In the morning the kids are expected to get up, eat and get dressed. They each have a morning chore before school. Then I have tried having an lunch chore too.. but that doesn't always work. They help in the kitchen after supper and do whatever other chores I assign. Ideally they would just know what has to be done and do it... that works with ONE of my children. The rest of them have to be asked.. sometimes more than once I am afraid. We are definitely a work in progress.
Anyone else have something that works great??

1 comment:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Job jar? charts with a treat after so many things? Grace is very visual so I make charts for her with a financial gain in the long run (that's her hot button). In their case, because they are older, I would let them create the chart- with your approval- and see how they do. They know what needs to be done, but doing so makes it their own and then you would know that they know. Then they aren't a kid anymore but a true functioning part of the household- gasp- no!

Yes, let's talk soon. Would you guys like to come down soon? Change of scenery? American Girl outing? Let me know.

Love you!