Monday, April 20, 2009

My Daddy is in the Hospital

My Daddy is in the hospital and has been there since Saturday morning. Mom and I took him in because he couldn't breathe. They are treating him for pneumonia but we also got the diagnosis today that he has emphysema. This is a degenerative lung disease on top of the CLL (chronic lymphocytic leukemia) that he already has. While we are trying our best to be upbeat, this is not the best of news. We are still trying to digest this and come to terms with exactly what this will mean for him on a day to day basis.

He is feeling a bit better and I am thankful for that. We know more each day. We are not yet sure when he will come home. Please keep him in your prayers!

In other, unrelated, news... the girls auditioned tonight for Beauty and the Beast which will be performed here in town. They both did well as did their friend Chan. After the initial SINGING audition the girls had to go upstairs and read. The director kept looking over in my corner waiting for others to audition, I told him I was NOT. Then, with some coercion on his part and from another friend.. I actually sang... and then went upstairs to read. The singing was TERRIFYING.. but the reading was actually fun. (Although my oldest daughter isn't so sure that I did so well.) Nothing like a little terror in your day to get your mind off other things. Call backs are on Thursday and I will let you know how we did!

3 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Maybe in all your support of the arts, you nearly missed your own calling! Looking forward to hearing about your call back too! How exciting.

Prays going up for your sweet Daddy. I know this wasn't what you were expecting. Life is pretty fragile even when we don't think it is. I am very curious how this new diagnosis will work with the CLL. Sounds like he is right where he needs to be right now.

Love you! Enjoyed the chat today. Sounds like your summer is indeed planned now.

Joyous said...

We're praying here that he comes home soon!

About the play, that's pretty exciting. Hope you get the part!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I'm praying for your Dad, and in some ways I understand. With my Dad having AD, it's hard to swallow at first. There are great days, good days, and some days that make us want to throw in the towel b/c we are so exhausted (mentally and emotionally). I'm glad that you have them nearby and can be a help to your mother, as she is such a wonderful help to you, as well. If you think you are close now, just wait....seems like these things bring us all even closer. Prayers, my sweet Sherri. :0)

As for the auditions, WOW! You GO GIRL! Remmy would have LOVED to audition, but I just found out about it TODAY...like 5 minutes before checking your blog. She is hoarse from a nasty cough that is lagging on for weeks, so I guess she won't be able to audition.
:0( So sad. Good luck to you and your girls, though! ;0)