Thursday, April 23, 2009

Daddy is home and I am a plate

First things first.. My Dad is home.. yippee! He is home from the hospital and feeling better. He has oxygen that he is on all of the time... but they have him set- up so that he can go all around the house. He is feeling much better and is glad to be back home. We are glad he is too! They believe the emphysema is in the early stages which is good. We are still not sure how everything will work out with the CLL.. but we are so glad he is home!
So.. we will take each day as it comes and pray that he will continue to improve. Each day, for all of us, is a gift.


Also... there were call backs tonight for Beauty and the Beast. The sad news is that the girls did not get asked to the call backs... the unusual news is that I did. So.. with much trepidation in my heart I arrived at the little theater tonight unsure of what awaited me there. We had to SING. (not a big surprise as this IS a musical. ) Not sure what I was thinking. I am definitely more comfortable SPEAKING than singing. We had to sing PARTS. (Soprano, Alto, etc..) He told us not to waiver. Pick a part and stay on it. (I did actually laugh out loud.. not helping my audition there.) I haven't had to sing parts since elementary school. There ARE no parts to "The Hole in the Bottom of the Sea". So... when they told us that three or four people were to be cut I was fully prepared to be one of them. Alas, when they called us up on the stage at the end of the rehearsal.. they informed us that we all did so well that they were keeping EVERYONE! It is with great humility that I accept my role as a villager/plate. I am WAAAAY outside my comfort zone and yet I think it will be a lot of fun, a true learning experience. So... I am excited and scared and humbled and I know I will have a lot of work to do to keep up with the very talented people in this cast.

I will have to forgo some of my other leisure activities for the next 7 or 8 weeks.. but I think I stand to learn a lot from this adventure. I will keep you posted.

4 comments:

Joyous said...

Congratulations! That is really exciting. Good for you for going for it!

So happy to hear your dad is home. :)

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Glad your Dad is home and doing well. That's great news!

Glad you got a role. Your family sings all the time so how can you be surprised? Yes, comfort zone/outside of comfort zone. You'll do great!!

Lynn said...

I know you will do well. I think it's about time you get to stand out a little. Both of your brothers have been/are in the "limelight", so now it's your turn!! And it would be fun if you could be in a play with one/both of the girls sometime, or even Noah, since he's such a ham!

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Sherri- I used those adorable, adorable, adorable cards you gave me today and I must have more. How much? Name your price?? They are gorgeous.

Did you watch Grey's? I just did and cried. In the words of BigMama- "well played ABC, well played."

Love you!