Friday, February 08, 2008

I am Thankful For:

1. My Faith- it is a true gift
2. Two boys playing with shaving cream in the tub
3. Fresh guacamole and homemade salsa
4. The song "Sundown" by Gordon Lightfoot.

I couldn't even tell you all of the words from the song... but I have a very strong memory of hearing that song one day when I was a young kid (under 7 I would guess) Mom, John and I were going to the Alpena county fair and we were walking in from the parking lot. I remember the sounds of the rides (the diesel engine sound) and hearing that song blaring on the radios of all the fair workers.
We had to step over the big cables on the ground to get to the main walkway. Whenever I hear that song I think of that day and how excited we were. We were GOING TO THE FAIR. That day held such promise and we were so happy. That is what I think of EVERY time I hear that song. I heard it today.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Neat memory. I don't think I have any "audible" memories that young. But I do remember going to the fair and I can picture taking you kids in my mind..... Love Ya!!

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Need more blog!! Need more blog!! Need more blog!!

Hello, is this thing on??

Ok, I know with rotating sick children you have no time. Know that you are missed!!

Love you!

Ann