Sunday, March 08, 2009

clarification

As I work with the girls on grammar and writing I become increasingly aware of the need for clarity and precision. Alas, I do not always achieve that goal in my OWN writing. When I said in my last post that I didn't notice this happening with other people what I meant to say was this:

My children, husband, mom and brother seem to give voice to my very thoughts. I do not notice that I can do this with anyone other than my own family.

I did not mean to imply that other people don't do this.. just that I only seem to do this with my own family!


Having said that, thank you everyone for your comments!! I hope you understood what I meant and not what I said. I do think Sylvia, that if you and your sisters finish each others sentences then that is exactly what I am talking about. Pretty cool!!

(I had to edit this post twice just to say what I mean... argh.. just a little humility to help me when I teach the kids!) ha

No comments: