Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Year Resolution

I AM one of "those" people who make New Year's Resolutions. In fact I have a TON of them. Too many really and as most of them either begin or end with the words EVERY DAY I haven't listed them as it seems certain that I am setting myself up for failure. Why do I make them?? Because every year I seem optimistic that these are the things that will make me a better person.

(I self analyze way too much!) At any rate, I was discussing this topic with my girls and my ever practical oldest daughter said," You have too many, Mom. Just pick one."

Okay.. I muddled this over in my mind and threw all of my resolutions in a pot and distilled them down to this..I will go to bed on time and get up on time. One resolution that is key to making all of the other ones happen. If I do this I can better establish a routine that will incorporate the countless other resolutions!

I will also choose to forgive myself if I fail to keep this and to try again and not give up. I pondered all of this again this morning in my bed where I was snuggled up tight against the 14 degree weather outside. Brian had made a fire before he left.

I will let you discern whether or not I got up "on time". That is such a relative term isn't it?
Stay warm today kiddos... it's going to be COLD outside.

1 comment:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Well, I tend to go with "themes" more than resolutions. Last year my theme was "SIMPLIFY." I am proud of the fact that I feel like I accomplished that in SO many areas of my life, but it is something I must keep working at throughout life. I just remember it better now. :0)
This year's theme is "STEWARDSHIP," and I hope to be posting about that on my blog sometime later today...since sewing and scrapbooking were cancelled due to the frigid weather! :0)