Wednesday, January 07, 2009

back...

We're back.... back at school and trying to get back into a routine. I excelled on Monday and Tuesday but backslid a bit already on Wednesday. I fear I am coming down with Katie's cold and I NEEDED desperately some extra sleep. I took it... which put us off to a later start, but we still managed to have a fair day at school. I am still trying to do some longer term planning... but that will come.

I don't have Christmas down yet as yesterday was Epiphany. The arrival of the three kings. Our church celebrates the Christmas season until this weekend. Father Tyler said that the Vatican leaves a tree up until February in the square. That is pretty cool. I will miss all of the lights but I will be glad to clear up some of the clutter. I do keep out my snowmen until the end of February usually. By then I am itching for spring.

We had guests yesterday, Maddie and Jackson, Noah's friends; and Chandlor, the girls friend; and for a while our neighbor Caleb..... friend of our own Caleb. I even took all of these kids (minus the extra Caleb) to the Animal Shelter for an hour and a half to play with the animals there.

Caleb is behind me singing... "So you think you lost your Llama, I saw her yesterday." to the tune of the Beatles... She Loves you! Pretty funny.

I do have more I want to say... but for now I must close and while I am the one who hasn't been writing I am still inclined to say, " Welcome Back!"

2 comments:

Trish said...

Welcome back! Love the blog background.

Wendy said...

Yes, the background is great!!

We're trying to get back in the swing, too. Today was our first actually successful day.

I love getting the decor out, but I also love putting it all away. My tree and lights, etc are gone the weekend after Christmas. I leave the kids' stuffed nativity out all year, though. :-)