Monday, November 10, 2008

A new day... a new post

It seems as if the busiest part of our fall is completed.... whew! I now welcome a little time spent at home... getting back into a routine... although I confess we have just luxuriated in the stillness this morning.

I found this format on another blog... and I like it so I may use it from time to time. I think it will be interesting to look back on some day. Here goes:

Outside my window:
It is raining and the leaves have all turned colors. Many if not most are on the ground. It is cool, as in cold, outside.
I am listening to:
Katie give Caleb a piano lesson. She is a great teacher. He is a somewhat reluctant student, but he IS learning.
I am thankful for:
My family, my friends, my home.
From the Kitchen:
I made biscuits for lunch and I am planning to bake some pumpkin here in a bit. The boys are hoping for pie but that may have to wait until tomorrow.
Prayer Requests:
I pray for our country and the incoming administration that God will guide them and that He has a plan that I do not see. (What I mean is that I don't see one... but I truly trust in Him.)
I am wearing:
Old clothes. We get to go feed pigs later this afternoon.
Towards REAL education:
Katie is TEACHING Caleb, Noah spent over and hour reading to Caleb... my kids are are working with and loving each other.. that counts as REAL education don't you think?
I am creating:
Many memories of fun things we have done this past two weeks. We have seen 3 plays.. all good. Singin' in the Rain was the best though!
Bringing Beauty to my home:
Hmmm... I may clean later... does that count do you suppose?? Of course, I may fall into another book and then the cleaning will have to wait!
I am Reading:
I read The Wednesday Letters this morning. (I said I needed a break!) It was very enjoyable. Fluff... but oh so good.
I am hoping:
To reestablish our school routine.. or some semblance of it.
Around the House:
Remember the part about cleaning... yeah.. hoping that will happen
One of my favorite things:
Reading... a whole book in one sitting. It is decadent and delicious.
A few plans for the rest of the week:
We are going to be working on the farm this week, hoping to go see Rumors with Brian and Mom and Dad on Friday. Discussing Animal Farm with the girls on Friday. Pumpkin pie is definitely in our future. Oh and that cleaning thing keeps nagging me... so that too.

1 comment:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I loved reading this...and share so many right along with you! :0)

BTW: What IS this music??? LOL Who is Dr. Hook???? The rest I know, some I like, but this one just cracked me up! See ya soon!