Friday, November 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Ann


The summer before high school the incoming freshmen would meet so that the seniors could teach us how to march (in the band.) That is when we met, Ann and I. We both played saxophone and so we were in the same squad. (Remember John Gegg and Pat Divietro??) Our squad leaders were pretty tough. We were in a military style band. No make-up in uniform, no jewelry and a full inspection before every performance. If you failed you had to work it off. The guys were tough... and we became friends.

Since that time, Ann and I have been through Band and boys and babies. We have laughed and cried together for years. Ann has this wonderful ability... to make me talk.. I have been able to tell her stuff I would never tell a living soul. A LIVING SOUL! and yet, she knows.

We have lived close by and far apart and thank goodness for e-mail because that has kept us connected when we couldn't chat as long as we would have liked on the phone.

Ann is creative, intelligent, articulate and beautiful. She is athletic.. she RUNS... and likes to do it! She is a fabulous Mom and loving wife. She is talented... and she is MY friend.

I love you girlie. Lots and lots and I can't imagine my life without you in it.

2 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Thank you, Sweet Friend. What a wonderful gift to me! Star of your blog for a moment. You are a blessing and bring out the best!

Love you!!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Ann!

Isn't it great how great friendships outlast time, marriage, babies, and miles??? :0)

Hey....I played saxophone, too! :0)