Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Memories

Why is it?? that I can remember the words to bazillions of songs (at least some words to bazillions of songs... I do a lot of humming too) and I can't remember what I am supposed to do next?
I truly TRULY forget things. I have a good memory for events and things that have taken place but if you ask me to do something, I will tell you yes, of course, and then completely forget. (Not maliciously or intentionally, but forgotten none-the-less) until later when it hits me like a ton of bricks.
I have to make lists to remember ANYTHING... but I do remember the words to songs.. specifically to the songs on my list here. I have had so much fun making a playlist. I keep thinking of songs to add. Brian was even helping out this weekend. I feel 16 again when I hear some of these. Being 16, that I CAN remember!
If you want to make your own playlist... go to playlist.com and just follow the instructions. It really is a lot of fun!
I want to keep blogging just so I can hear my songs... tee hee! Good night girls.

5 comments:

Ms Debbie said...

It is a proven fact that children can remember more if what you are trying to teach is put to music. That idea is enhanced if you put movements with the song. So... maybe you are still a kid at heart? :) Here is an idea . When you dont want to forget something very important, make up a song about it. For instance:

If you have to work in the nursery at church. ( Not that I have ever seen a nursery there come to think of it.)

To the tune of Ive been working on the railroad.

I have to work in the church nursery
This coming sunday morn.
I will change the kiddies diapers and
not look so for lorn.... orn.. orn.. orn

I cant wait till sunday morning
When the servant I will be
Changing all those diapers
and happy as can be.

Dinah dont you blow
Dinah dont you blow
Dinah dont you blow your.......

yuk


I think I will stop while I am ahead and go to bed.
Night.

Loveandadoor said...

Absolutely too funny. I am still laughing out loud! Thanks so much for that! tee hee
off to work now.

Sylvia said...

Love your songs....oh I'm so jealous!!! I've been wanting to put songs on my blog but just now figured out how to put pictures on the silly thing. One step at a time....

Milk & Cookie Party said...

You have been musically inclined for as long as I've known you. Also, don't you think that 4 children, a husband, 2 parents, 2 in-laws, numerous siblings and siblings in law, nieces, nephews, friends, friends, and more friends, and friends' children, well, don't you think that's a whole lot of stuff going on to keep track of? Cut yourself some slack. Write it down and check it off. You're busy! And throw in homeschooling on top of everything. Wow- and you wonder why you don't remember it all?

Joyous said...

Love the new layout and the songs!

Forget trying to remember everything. (pun intended!)

Hope to see you soon!