Friday, September 12, 2008

Masks

Katie

Me
Noah
Bekah
We are continuing our study of famous artists and the methods they use.. but our first art project of the year was simply to make a mask. We had this roll of tinfoil that was out with the
grill, it was kept underneath in the cubbie, but due to moisture had developed a nice patina finish. It was no longer food safe (I don't think...) so we had this whole roll of metal to work with. I wish you could see the detail on Katie's mask in particular as she did some embossing on her foil (as did I).
We had a lot of fun and I thought the kids were pretty creative. What a luxury to have this "ruined" roll of foil to play with. We have made a couple of neat things. What fun!

4 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Love it!!! So creative with tin foil. Also, how many songs do you have on your list? You keep adding stuff and I hear something new and think "oh, i love that song and haven't heard it in years!" Seriously, you should have a radio show. Late nights with Sherri. Then you'd have another reason to be up at odd hours. Wouldn't Brian be delighted? ;-)

Love you!

Joyous said...

love the masks!

Leah said...

so fun! i can just see the scroll work on katie's mask! great job everyone!

Lynn said...

Love the Masks----Of course I love all their art projects. No prejudice there! Just remember, I like to DO them also!! xoxo