Sunday, January 24, 2010

woo hoo.. new year.. new chance...

Hello again my friends... or friend... not sure exactly who reads this as I am so erratic in my posting, but I felt the need to write and so .... here I am.

It is a new year. With each new year comes the chance to make things... life... better. Yes.. I am one of those.. new year's resolution people.. but it doesn't take a new year for me to grasp at the opportunity for change.

I am craving a little change right now. Today I changed around the living room and cleaned out a couple of "junk" drawers. I updated the cover and tabs in my home organization book that I tinker with every now and again. Just as I make new resolutions (or recommit to old ones) I also believe somewhere deep down that if I just had the "right" planner/schedule/routine I would finally get it all together. In my deepest of hearts I know that I only need to "work" one of the bazillion plans I have already come up with but it is somehow quite rewarding to freshen up that book... then at least IT looks good and reasonable and "doable".

I hope to post a bit more frequently than I have... this whole blog thing is an interesting beast isn't it?? I have had several friends who blogged and then quit. It can so easily become too much... a time stealer. It is also challenging to put oneself really out there. Then there is the hope/expectation that someone will respond... will I get comments?? Or.. what if I am really myself and I get criticism? (Not ever being one to take criticism well... that is a challenge for me.) Blogging does provide a creative outlet though... in its design as well as content. I would like to post more pictures. So.. we shall see what this new year brings.

Hopefully more posting from me.

2 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

So glad you posted! Change, organization, all is the freshness of the new year! Your plate is very full and a blog can be just another obligation or that wonderful outlet- all depends on your perspective.

Wendy said...

I read!!
So glad to see you're still alive out there. :-)

Umm...yep. (chuckle) I have a home organization book, too. Somewhere.
It is fun to pretty up now and again, even if I don't "live by the book."

I love blogging for that reason: creative expression. Time to sort through feelings, or scrapbook special times...

Hope to see you more, here and in "real life."