Wednesday, January 27, 2010

another day

Today was another challenging day. I am finding myself increasingly inept at handling the little things life is throwing my way. Not that I don't or can't handle them.. I am just feeling so very emotional. In light of that.. I will be brief tonight. I do not have play practice so I am free to go and indulge in a bath. The family is curled up in front of a movie. I will go find (what else) a book.

I did have a lovely afternoon with my mom, who by the way, often gives me the best books to read. (and who had nothing to do with the challenging bits of the day!!) In fact I will soon be discussing a top ten sort of list and many(most) of the books on it are ones she has given me to read.

We are preparing here for what may be the "storm of the decade". Hubby has poo-pooed it in the hopes that it will pass north of us... but he also brought home a generator just in case.

So.. I am sending warm thoughts out there to all of you. Til next we meet!!

4 comments:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Life is simply overwhelming sometimes and it may have little to do with this exact moment. It may just be a snowball of years rolling into the "now". So, per our last call, I do recommend a little pharmaceutical aid if needed. Some friends and I saw "Menopause, the Musical" last year and I laughed when all the characters were able to pull out meds that helped them manage life. Several of my friends do as well. It's hormones, children, husbands, managing it all, time, lack of time, projects, stress, bills, burdens, all of it! I wouldn't do it for years because husband (biochemically) has been on meds for years. I didn't want our whole house to be on them. But what a happier house it is.

I love you! Looking forward to the 19th!

Wendy said...

I'll echo your friend and say that often an aid can help. Emotions are caused as often by teasing-hormones as by circumstantial issues.
And everyone has those days (weeks, months.) So you're normal! :-D

I love reading, too. Often it's non-fiction for a long stint and then I get fixated on a few fictional novels. I'm back to nf right now.
Can't wait to see what some of your favorites are. (as if I need more books on my "to-read" list.)

Lynn said...

I have tons more GREAT books for you to read!!

Listen to your friends. Don't go it alone like I did til I was 50 to finally get pharmaceutical aid!!!!! REALLY!! It helps so much.

I'm here.....all the time. I'll seeing more of you, and we'll do some fun stuff!! xoxoxoxoxo

Suzanne said...

S-I am surprised to here you say this as you always seem like all of life is wonderful. Not that that is bad, just that I have found myself thinking before, I wish I was as laid back as Sheri. It was good for me to read your friends response and remember that we all have a lot on our plate and that me not handling it perfectly all the time doesn't mean I'm the only one struggling or that I'm a lost cause, but that there is just a lot to juggle. I look forward to the day I get to spend some time with you. And look forward to seeing your book reviews (yours and your moms).