Saturday, June 21, 2008

Finally... the beginning of Summer

I realize it is late to be saying this... but I am at last ready for summer to begin.
The kids have finished their camps. We have had a VERY successful VBS that is done! (Can I hear a big Wahoo here.) So... now I am ready for summer. I have eight delicious weeks laying before me with only my own whims and fancies to fill them. What will we do??

1. Swim. I have promised my kiddos that we will swim at least twice a week. Plus this gets me out to my Mom's to hang out which I love to do too.
2. Summer reading program at the library. My boys are the big readers this year... Bekah is too old and Katie has been too busy. I expect her to catch up though!
3. I want to craft and create. This is the year I actually make paper. I have talked about it for 10 years... this summer it becomes a reality. I have a few other projects too.
4. I want to clean and declutter my house. One room at a time~~ (that means two a week)
5. I want to catalog ALL of the books in my classroom.
6. I want to READ.... some fun stuff, some school stuff... I just want to read.

So.... first I will clean the mess my house has become after not being here for over a week to do anything. Then I will box up my brother's belongings. He and the mini-kids have moved on.
Then..... I will plan my days around doing the things on my list. Oh yes... and I WILL find some time for exercise in there too. That is, unfortunately, on my list... but until then.. remember my motto:
Tanned fat looks better than white fat! (it's true. Use sunscreen of course. but it IS true)

3 comments:

Jerri Dalrymple said...

I hope you get it ALL done! I agree on the tan vs. white thing...that's been my motto for a long time, :0) LOL!

Trish said...

OK friend, what rooms shall we do this week. Choose your 2 and I'll choose mine...then we'll go to Braums to celebrate our achievement!! I'm always motivated by chocolate!

Lynn said...

As you know---I've been "in the process" of decluttering. I actually enjoy it now. I'm looking forward to (FINALLY) spending time with you also! Also hope we can fit in some "mahjong over the summer if Joy's not too tired! Love YA!