Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Where Have They Gone?

I am doing a lot of preparing for next year. I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I will have a daughter in high school. I will also have a boy "officially" in kindergarten. Caleb has done some work this year... but not regularly. Next year is the real deal. Four kids in school. Look at the cuties in this picture. Where are they?? Caleb wasn't even born yet.

In this picture the kids were doing a play that they wrote. How much fun is that?? They still do this kind of stuff. Of course, now, they work their own camera. Still... I can't believe how fast the time has gone.

High school. I swear I just graduated. I mean REALLY. It can't be over 20 years. But it is. (only ONE year over twenty for those of you who would believe me even older than I am!)

I remember my first week of high school. I got asked on my first date. (two actually) (My parents didn't let me go on either one... thank goodness). Guy somebody.. played tenor sax (remember Ann?) and Roger Stanley. Goodness.

Well... that is enough reminiscing for now. Mom says we have to live in the moment. This moment is telling me that it is late and I need to crawl in bed. Katie has an 8:30 doctor's appointment.

1 comment:

Milk & Cookie Party said...

I like to occassionally wonder down "High School Road" too. If I'm not mistaken, Guy was dark headed and eventually dated Kim. I think he's a doctor somewhere. I have no idea how I know this. Just heard it or saw it and filed in it that teal strap of a brain! Aren't you impressed? Can't remember what I wore this week, but of course, I remember about the guy that asked you out the first week. Isn't it amazing to think of dating at that age?? Mercy, we were so young. And still are, thank you! You will do a great job teaching a high schooler as you appreciate the journey of high school as well. It's so much about learning but also so much about maturing- physically, emotionally, etc. These next years are key in shaping Bekah into that woman God designed her to be. No pressure, Sister!

Enjoy your blog. Thanks for posting.

Love you!

Ann