Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thankful for:

I am thankful for friends. I am blessed BLESSED with good friends and family and people that I love and who also love me. My cup runneth over. I am constantly amazed, and humbled and am grateful that I have such wonderful people in my life.

I am thankful for beautiful children. Even though they fit in the above category.. they get a category unto themselves. We sang tonight and read the book Something for Nothing in our very bad Jewish accents. Good book. Great kids. Noah sang the alleluia over and over (it has two parts) trying to get it right.

Good books. I am thankful for good books. Books that teach and books that entertain, ones that make you laugh and those that make you cry. Most especially the ones that you read over and over and visit like a great friend.

Here is a not so secret secret about me. I collect reading lists. I make my own too... but I constantly gather lists about books... good books, great books, recommended reading lists. I have a whole binder full of them. I mark them and make notes. It is quite ridiculous really. Yet, still, I add to them. Someday... I will read them all (or most).

4 comments:

Joyous said...

Hey, did we officially decide on "intro to Christianity" as our first book? If so I need to order it and we need to tell Rebecca. I was gonna call but figured this would be faster.

Suzanne said...

Good to see you briefy at the meeting place aka walmart. I'm getting my act together on the KAM stuff. Just once I put it out there...then I'm really committed. eee.

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Hey good lookin'! Finally found ya! I love your blog...it's just so "you" :0)

Wendy said...

Oh, can I suggest books?? I love books, too! Have you read everything by CS Lewis? I especially love Mere Christianity and The Great Divorce.
I also enjoy reading Philip Yancey. Very thought provoking.
Right now I'm reading For the Children's Sake, and loving it.
Another favorite is Bringing Up Boys by Dobson.
I know, not much fiction in the mix...
I also collect reading lists...
;-) Great minds...